When it comes to food trends, going gluten-free is at its peak. Although a foreign concept, many people in India have taken up the gluten-free lifestyle for the past 8 years. While gluten-free foods are a good option for adults, they may have variable effects on a child’s system. Kids may miss out on other nutrients that help growth and organ functioning. It is better to consult a doctor before you put your kid on a gluten-free diet.
On the other hand, children who suffer from celiac disease are advised to strictly follow a gluten-free lifestyle. The gluten-free food list includes fun dishes like sandwiches, bagels, natural fruit beverages, vegetables, meats like poultry, fish, dairy products and legumes. These products are naturally gluten-free and safe for people who suffer from any allergies or celiac disease. Celiacs must follow a gluten-free diet as they will absorb the required substitute ingredients that the body needs to grow.
Thanks to science and technology, you can find your child’s favourite food in gluten-free variants as well. Just make sure you have checked the gluten-free label on the packaging. There are some amazing gluten-free dishes you can serve your kids. Dig in to check out some fun recipes that will put a smile on your child’s face.
Breadsticks are a crunchy and tasty snack to munch on. Be it some free time to catch up on their favourite shows to the study hours, your kids can enjoy this grub anytime. Read on to know how to make this in a gluten free form:
1. Take out a baking sheet along with parchment and brush a small amount of olive oil over it
2. Take a 2 cup measuring cup and mix the yeast, sugar and warm water. Keep it on the gas for 3-5 minutes till you see big bubbles that will activate the yeast
3. As the yeast is getting ready, add the gluten free flour, baking powder and salt into the blender and give it a good mix till you see all the ingredients combined
4. Once the yeast mixture is ready, add it over the flour mixture along with vinegar, olive oil and egg. Put the entire mixture into the blender again and give it a mix for 3 minutes. The final dough should be smooth as well as sticky. Make sure you check the consistency before moving on to the next step
5. Take a gallon size zip lock bag and scoop the dough in it. Cut a 1-inch line in the corner of the bag. Your zip lock bag should look like an icing piping bag
6. Pipe the dough down on the baking sheet in a vertical manner. Make sure you leave an inch’s gap between each breadstick. The size of the breadsticks can be measured according to your preference
7. Heat your oven to 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37-degree Celsius) and put the breadsticks in
8. Let the breadsticks rise for 10 minutes. Remove the tray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
9. Once the oven is heated again, place the tray back in it for another 10-12 minutes till it becomes light brown from underneath
10. Whisk the 1 tbsp. of olive oil along with salt and garlic salt in a bowl. Take out the breadsticks and brush this mixture over them. Your dish is ready to be served!
Waffles and chocolate go hand in hand and give quite a kick to the young ones. This is a gluten-free breakfast and dessert at its best. Read on to know how to make this delicious recipe for children.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees celsius). In a baking sheet, add the buckwheat, 2 tbsp. of maple syrup and salt. Coat them evenly on the sheet. Place the tray for 10-12 minutes until they become dry to touch and smell toasty. Stir for another minute and then transfer to a parchment sheet to let the crumbles cool.
2. Mix the ricotta and remaining 2 tbsps. of maple syrup smoothly, in a bowl and keep it aside for a while.
3. Heat the waffle iron on medium. Take a large bowl and mix the buckwheat flour, salt, flaxseed meal, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Whisk the eggs, coconut oil, buttermilk, vanilla extract and brown sugar in a medium-sized bowl till the mixture becomes smooth. Add the chocolate in a smooth composition.
4. Coat the waffle iron lightly with a non-stick spray. Scoop the batter into the waffle iron thoroughly and cook the waffle till you sense the aromatic smell of cooked chocolate. Once completely cooked, carefully remove the waffle from the iron.
5. Top the waffle off with ricotta cream, maple syrup and the crumbles to serve.
While it’s fun to make these dishes, it can take up time and the ingredients may not be available everywhere. If you are looking for some readymade gluten-free products, Sprinng Foods is your go-to online store!